lunes, 27 de octubre de 2014

Demons

"There's no place for dreamers
in this world,
so it seems, but it ain't true.
There's no room to keep on keeping on".

A guy on my shoulder
lingers on
despite my efforts to control
this wanderin' mind
which often worries
too much
too far

We are not brought
(and sometimes thrown)
into this land to take down
what others built
or set fire to every
being that moves and lives.

I would like to sing a song
about freedom
about love
to be heard by a guy who
sits alone,
awaiting hopeless for some change
while rain keeps falling down
on empty streets
of some English town.

"There's no place for dreamers anymore"
so it seems, but it ain't true.

But then again,
the little guy
whispering lies and stealing hope
makes me feel so clumsy
when I try to try
and feelings seem to be
like a drowning boat at sea.

Mother Nature, tell me why
confusion and loss wish to dwell
in this old heart of mine
leaving scars that still remain
even though
my wounds are healed.

Hesitation might just be
what keeps words from running free
And my own nature, as it is
which put these demons
inside of me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario